The open vacancy is designed for aspiring professionals with a background in taxation, private law, consultancy, business regulatory framework, and other regulatory-related fields.
The American Chamber of Commerce in Moldova (AmCham Moldova) is a leading business association, working closely with companies, the Moldovan public authorities, and international organizations to improve the business climate and establish an investment-friendly environment in Moldova.
1. Represent AmCham Moldova member companies in relations with various state authorities and reform-oriented working groups of all levels;
2. Actively participate in AmCham events, as well as other relevant events where AmCham is invited (meetings, working groups, round table discussions, conferences, seminars, workshops, etc.);
3. Coordinate, daily, the activity of an AmCham Committee, including:
maintaining Committee’s database and mailing list;
timely corresponding with Committee members on related regulatory issues raised by them;
share with Committee members draft regulatory documents received by AmCham from various authorities or working groups;
initiate, elaborate, coordinate, submit, and follow up Committee’s position papers to relevant state authorities either on existing constraints or related to draft legal acts;
represent Committee in relations with various state authorities relevant to Committee’s members, e.g., Ministries, State Services, Government, Parliament, etc.;
organize Committee meetings;
represent Committee in relations with mass media;
communicate about Committee’s activity and advocacy projects internally and externally according to AmCham communication guidelines;
4. Interact with current and potential members of the association, members of the Committee Policy Manager works with;
5. Actively contribute to attracting new members to AmCham;
6. Work closely with AmCham staff responsible for other lines of services (e.g., business networking, member services, and investment attraction).
Major Qualifications / Skills:
- Economic degree, Law degree is an advantage;
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience managing public, private-public, or other regulatory-related domains, tax administration, customs, financial, trade, or similar areas of responsibility.
- Knowledge of the Moldovan legislative process, the stages of governing initiation, consultation, approval, and implementation of legal acts.
- Demonstrated ability and track record of effectively communicating with Government officials, regulatory agencies, counterparts, and beneficiaries of a business reform agenda.
- Fluent in English, Romanian, and Russian.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills.
Please submit your resume and letter of interest in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title „Policy Manager”.
Deadline for application: December 11, 2022 (COB)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.