Tax & Legal Committee
Committee Addresses the Government
Events, Meetings & Activities
-to act as a lobbying group for tax and legislative issues affecting members,
-to provide a forum for dialogue among sector professionals and decision-makers in government,
-to serve as an educational forum for membership
-to facilitate the exchange of information regarding important tax and legal issues.
Keeping its ear to the ground, the Tax and Legal committee remains an effective, vocal, and respected voice in relation to new legislation and developments covering the tax and legal spheres. The Tax and Legal committee regularly reviews and comments on draft pieces of legislation and represents one of the channels of dialogue that AmCham has on behalf of its members with the government.
Want to take part in the Tax & Legal Committee? Contact committee Coordinator Sergiu Chirica at email@example.com for more information.
About the Committee
Tax & Legal Committee is conceived as a place for virtually all AmCham members, inasmuch as every single company has to comply with tax and legal provisions in force.
Committee members participate in Committee events and meetings, take active role in Committee's activity, work on topical issues which are relevant and significant to businesses, thus contributing to the enhancement of business- and investment-friendly tax and regulatory framework in Moldova, harmonized with the best international practices.
- To foster a favorable business climate in Moldova by promotion of reform and improvement of tax and legal framework based on best international practices.
- To access the legislative drafting process at an early stage and leverage the opportunity to incorporate private sector feedback into key drafts. Show proactive approach in drafting and advising on implementation of normative acts. Present the private sector support and view on rules and procedures, together with recommendations and examples of best international practices to relevant counterpart organizations.
- To raise awareness of membership on different tax and legal issues, as well as bring greater understanding of the Moldovan tax and regulatory frameworks
- To represent the voice of private sector in the dialogue with policy makers on tax and legal issues.
- To address tax and legal issues of a group of members rather than on inpidual basis.
Plan of Activities
- The Committee will regularly review and comment on pieces of draft legislation
- The Committee will raise awareness of the Government on the proposed or existing tax legislation with adverse effect on private business
- The Committee will strive to become a reliable consultant for Moldovan tax and other authorities coming up with constructive solutions on how to improve the investment climate
- Establish constructive dialogue with the Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Economy and other relevant authorities, as well as become a reliable partner for these authorities
- The Committee will collaborate with AmCham Board of Directors on AmCham ‘s projects aimed to improve the investment climate
- The Committee will collaborate with other AmCham Committees, international organizations etc.
Tax & Legal Committee will meet on the premises of member companies on a rotating basis or at AmCham, for Committee meetings, roundtable discussions on various issues that affect the industry. The Committee may also envisage inviting outside speakers, if appropriate.
Committee coordinator will regularly inform members on Committee activity and will also contribute to AmCham Weekly Bulletins, Business Reviews, Annual reports, Web site etc.
The Committee is open to inpiduals who have occupation relevant to the Committee’s stated mission and whose companies are members of the AmCham. We kindly invite every interested member to join our efforts.
Committee as a part of AmCham
The Committee is a part of AmCham and therefore shares AmCham mission and its values.
In that spirit, no Committee member, including Co-Chairs, shall express personal views on behalf of the Committee and therefore the AmCham, unless they represent an official and approved position by the Board of Directors.
No Committee member shall in the name of Committee or AmCham discuss issues that are not related to its mission. All activities of the Committee shall be done in direct coordination and communication with AmCham Committee Coordinator.